Monday, April 6, 2015

Ups and Downs

It would be an understatement to say that Keyen's week was crazy this week. Despite some challenges there was some pretty great stuff that happened. 
Here's what Keyen had to say about the week...

Well this week was crazy!!! It actually started off bad. My email last week was being really stupid and it was stressing me out!! After emailing we went to a members house and had some food:) It was pretty good. Then we wanted to do some service for them haha so we ended up washing some eggs.!:) hahaha idk why but that's what they wanted us to do. Then the week was crappy!:( First my bike started having issues. My kickstand broke and something got tangled up in my wheels! The my bike randomly tipped over and all the stuff i bought at the store fell out of my basket on my bike and went tumbling down and fell into the sewer!!! After that the week was just hard in general. I was tired and thirsty all the time! I was having lots of challenges. But the work was going good. Our investigators were doing well and we were being creative with our inviting. We made some big signs and put them up around the city:) We were trying to get people to come to our Easter party on Friday. Well it worked and we got 2 new investigators from the activity and a few other people who were interested but we just haven't met with them yet. The biggest miracle this week though was Jacob. He is the Chinese guy. He came up to us at the Easter party and told us he needed to talk with us. I was kind of worried haha. But he told us that he wanted to be baptized the upcoming Sunday. I was so happy!! The other guy we were going to baptize ended up going out of town so we were bummed out!! But we were able to baptize him yesterday!! and i was the one who was able to preform the baptism!! It was sooo freaking cool! we did the baptism at a sweet waterfall.! And it was nice cause i got to speak English haha. But it was awesome!! we are hoping to get a couple of people baptized on the 19th so that will be cool!:) Hhaha yea so this week was really hard for me. I felt homesick a lot and i was faced with a lot of challenges. But i just kept on pushing forward and trusting that everything will be ok. The lord helped me a ton this week. And last night we got the call that said that Thailand is getting as Temple!!! We were soo happy!!! So a week with lots of adversity and lots of blessings. I love you all so much! you are all always in my prayers!!

I had a lot of emotions reading this from Keyen last night. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. I'm am so happy that he was able to baptize someone as he reaches his first month in Thailand! We couldn't be more proud of him. 
This Easter weekend was truly inspiring to me. Conference was absolutely wonderful. The family almost had a heart attack when President Monson announced the construction of the Bangkok temple. It gives me such a comfort and testimony in my heart that the work is truly hastening and this church is Christ's church. 
I would encourage all of you to take a moment to look at your lives and decide what is truly important to you. What are you willing or not willing to do to be with your family forever? Do you believe in Jesus Christ? If you do believe in him what will you do to return to live with him again?
If there was one thing that I learned from my brother and conference this week it is that our families aren't perfect. Life is not perfect, but the only thing that matters is that we try. Elder Neal truly was an example of that this week. Even though he had some major challenges and was homesick he found a lost soul and brought him closer to Christ. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. 
We love you Elder Neal!! Stay strong! 

Their vision came true!!



No comments:

Post a Comment