Thursday, January 1, 2015

Go With Love. Return With Honor.

The last 48 hours have been very bittersweet. Tuesday night Keyen got set apart as a full-time missionary and it was such a spiritual experience. Keyen said he had never felt the spirit so strongly in his life. He was promised many great things in his blessing and I know he will be protected and be strong emotionally and physically throughout his mission.
Yesterday morning we all had a wonderful breakfast together and then prepared to head up to the MTC. It was so hard watching Keyen say goodbye to his girlfriend Sadie. She has been such a great supporter of his and I know she will only continue to do so. 
The drive up to the MTC was difficult for my family but Keyen was so strong and calm. I know that he has such a power bestowed upon him now as a missionary. It is truly an amazing thing to witness.
We pulled up to the MTC and gave our last goodbyes. It was short but sweet.We each gave our love and then watched him walk away. He didn't look back, but we watched him walk until we couldn't see him. We will all so proud and sad to him go.
For 2 years my brother will be serving the Lord. There is NO greater calling than to share the knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. What Christ did for us is a very real thing, it did happen and he will come again. My brother gets to share this message with the people of Thailand. 
I know he will only grow stronger in the gospel and receive so many blessings. He already has been such a great example to my family and I. I hope he can do the same for all those who support him. 
I have added on the right side of the Blog Keyen's contact information. He will be able to email every Monday and mail should get to him pretty quickly while he is in the MTC for the next 8 weeks.
I know he we love to hear from all of you and the support would mean so much to him.
I love you Elder Neal! Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment