Monday, March 16, 2015

Be Humble and God Will Make You Strong

It's Monday so you know what that means... Elder Neal update! Like last Sunday the family was all sitting around our computers emailing Keyen. His second week went really good! Here is what he had to say about it...


"Well this week was pretty good! This week was my first full week in Thailand and it went good. On Monday we just had a chill out day and went to a market and bought some cool stuff. I bought some Gucci sunglasses and a new shoulder bag! So that was nice! Tuesday was fun because we Taught English class that night. It was way fun teaching English! It felt nice being the one who knows how to speak the language!! Everyone else was confused and not me for once!! We taught a lot of lessons this week! We have been trying to get this Chinese guy to move his baptism date up but he insists on being baptized on the 2nd of June! So we will keep working on him! We have these another two, X and Yamee Who will hopefully be Baptized next month. X needs to get legally married to his wife before he can get baptized. So hopefully that can happen soon! We also taught Beem. We taught her one lesson and committed her to baptism! So that hopefully will work out!! She will probably get baptized next month:) This week was really good and we put up some good numbers. Hopefully the next week will be even more successful!"


Cute Elder Neal! I'm so proud of him! He says he is still homesick but his mission president told him don't feel bad that your still homesick, it means that you love your family and that's not something to be sad about. He said that since it was his P day they were going to go look at some waterfalls, which are probably awesome! He said he would take pictures.
"And if men come unto me I will show them their weakness. 
I love this scripture and it doesn't just apply to missionaries, but to EVERYONE!

He also told us to read Ether 12:27 He said that it helped him a lot this week.
It reads...

I give unto men weakness that they may be humble;
and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make make weak things become strong unto them."
Ether 12:27

He said keep sending the love and prayers!! We love you Keyen! Stay strong!
Keyen said him and his comp walked around a market holding this sign it says, "Do you know Jesus Christ?"

Teaching English
Eating "good food" 


Ancient deserted temple 

Keyen's house 
PS I don't know why the fonts and sizing keep changing...

No comments:

Post a Comment